About Arts Alliance
Arts Alliance is the oldest and largest student arts group at Northwestern University, a school renowned for its breadth of undergraduate-produced programming. Founded by a collection of groups looking to share space, Arts Alliance has grown to become one of the largest student arts organizations in the country. Historically, Arts Alliance started as Graffiti Dancers, Garden Party Productions, Thunk A Cappella and The Dolphin Show. Its annual season now consists of three mainstage productions, Mee-Ow Improv & Sketch Comedy, and special events throughout the year that all speak directly to our newly clarified mission and associated pillars. We continue to stay committed to creating accessible art that reflects, deepens, and challenges the greater Northwestern community.The Arts Alliance Executive Board consists of seventeen members from all types of educational backgrounds committed to bringing accessible, entertaining theatrical experiences to the Northwestern and Evanston communities.
Arts Alliance is a non-profit student arts organization committed to providing diverse, accessible, and fulfilling artistic experiences to enrich the Northwestern University community. Arts Alliance is rooted in its long-standing traditions and continues to seek out new artistic opportunities. It provides a positive atmosphere in which students can learn and work alongside a committed and supportive board to create exciting, professional-quality productions.
Three Pillars of Accessibility
Arts Alliance operates around three pillars of artistic accessibility that drive our season:
- Art that is easy to relate to: we are dedicated to telling resonant human stories through diverse voices and perspectives by practicing inclusivity in our processes and products.
- Art that is easy to speak with: we strive to create a space where conversations can be started in response to thought provoking work.
- Art that is easy to reach: we are committed to ensuring our community's financial and physical needs are met so they can enter our spaces comfortably.
2018-2019 Executive Board
- Abby Doermann, Executive Director
- Katy Murphy, Artistic Director
- Katia Podtynov, Finance Director
- Samuel Maude, Stage Management Chair
- Ali Martin, Marketing Director
- Jane Emma Barnett, Production Manager
- Aleah Matthews-Runner, Production Manager
- Nate Brown, Technical Director
- Sophia Danielle-Grenier, Technical Director
- Theo Janke-Furman, Technical Director
- Connor Carlin, Community Engagement Coordinator
- Kate Coffey, Community Engagement Coordinator
- Isiah Frank, Development Coordinator
- Gaby Godinez, Development Coordinator
- Madi Hart, Special Events Coordinator
- Christopher Lanham, Special Events Coordinator
- Emmet Smith, Equipment Manager
- Garden Party
September 28-30, 2017 ⋅ Shanley Pavilion
- Produced by: Jamie Joeyen-Waldorf
- Directed by: Cammy Harris
- Fall Mainstage : The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (2017)
November 30 - December 2, 2017 ⋅ McCormick Auditorium
- Produced by: Casey Watson
- Directed by: Yianni Kinnas
- Spring Mainstage: Dry Land
Spring, 2018 ⋅ Cahn Auditorium
- Produced by: Leo Jared Scheck
- Directed by: Morgan Rielly
- Mee-Ow Improv & Sketch Comedy
February 1-3, 2018 ⋅ McCormick Auditorium
March 1-3, 2018 ⋅ Shanley Pavilion
- Produced by Alex Schwartz
Have an idea for an Arts Alliance special event? Contact .
Need to rent equipment from Arts Alliance for your show? Contact our Technical Directors at for all rental inquires.