Lovers and Madmen
Lovers & Madmen is a student theatre organization at Northwestern University that produces a full season of classical and classically-inspired works each year. We seek to serve the NU, Evanston, and Chicago communities with our mainstage season, as well as other smaller-scale productions, readings, and events. We are also committed to outreach, educational programming, and keeping in touch with our alumni.
Lovers & Madmen is open to all to wish to participate. We encourage anyone interested, regardless of previous experience or skill level, to get involved! The Executive Board takes on new members through petitions which occur in Fall and Spring. We select producers and directors for our season through petitions which happen in Spring. Positions on the Executive Board or as a producer or director are unfortunately limited and these petition processes are competitive. We always see far more wonderful, qualified people than we can accept. One can also be involved in our productions as an actor (Audition with Early Fall, Winter, and/or Spring Generals) or as a production team member (Email our friendly producers). We also are interested in working with artists who have ideas for smaller-scale projects ("Special Events"). We accept and produce these ideas on a rolling basis based on the project's artistic merit, relevance to our season and mission, and what we have the resources for.
In addition to a stock of standard (4x8) platforms and flats, L&M has a large assortment of costumes and props available for rental. Inquiries regarding set pieces, costumes, and props may be directed to Veronica Johnson, at .
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or just want to say hello, please contact us at ! Additionally, check us out on Facebook!
2015-2016 Mainstage Season
Fall Shanley: Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead; October 8-10
- Produced by Rob Cassie
- Directed by Abby Weissman
Winter Louis: TBA; February 25-27
- Produced by Mahek Tulsiani
- Directed by Michael Fleischer
Spring Shanley: Twelfth Night; April 28-30
- Produced by Kate Leggett
- Directed by Matthew Bentley
2015-2016 Special Events
Untitled Three Sisters Adaptation; November 21-22
Have an idea for a special event? Email this year's Special Events Director, Gustavo Berrizbeitia, at email@example.com to start the conversation!
2015-2016 Executive Board
- Lucinda Allen - Executive Director
- Caitlin Medina - Artistic Director
- Matthew Bentley - Business Manager
- Kate Leggett - Production Manager
- Veronica Johnson - Technical Director
- Preston Choi - Technical Director
- Doug Pinckney - Technical Director
- Eloia Peterson - Stage Management Director
- Casey Norlin - Publicity Director
- Ryan Martin - Outreach Director
- Courtney Quinn - Education Director
- Gustavo Berrizbeitia - Special Events Director
- Nicole Bauke - Development Director
- Jackie Bautista - Company Manager
- Adam Orme - Literary Manager
- Dylan Reyno - Member-At-Large