Founded in 2001, TONIK Tap is Northwestern University’s premier tap dance ensemble. TONIK’s members hail from all over the country and collectively study a variety of majors, but we all have one thing in common – we love to create rhythm. We perform at Northwestern events all year long, from Kaleidoscope and Eberhard's chemistry show in the fall, to Wildcat Days and Dance Marathon in the spring. We also produce two shows a year on campus: a fall show in conjunction with the NU a cappella group the X-Factors and our annual spring show. Additionally, for the past three years, TONIK's self-choreographed repertoire has been recognized and featured as part of Dance Chicago, a city-wide dance festival in downtown Chicago. Check us out on YouTube! For booking information, email Sheridan at email@example.com.
TONIK Tap is committed to expanding our presence on campus and in the greater Chicagoland community, ensuring success and accomplishment within the company, and promoting an awareness of and appreciation for the classic American art form of tap dance through strong technique, creative choreography, and quirky humor.
Runaways with Steam Heat November 15-17, 2012
Live From Evanston, It's TONIK Tap! April 18-20, 2013
- Alex Fox
- Sophie Rich
- Darcy Coussens
- Tessa Owens
- Sarah Rosenberg
- Gina Tremmel
- Aric Barrow
- Sheridan Brown
- Jorie Goins
- Shanice Harris
- Megan Legault
- Sarah Morimoto
- Brett Warner
- Bethanie Willis
2013-2014 Executive Board
- Darcy Coussens, Artistic Director
- Sarah Rosenberg, President
- Gina Tremmel, Company Manager
- Bethanie Willis, Marketing Director
- Shanice Harris, Sheridan Brown (Winter/Spring), Development Director
- 2011-2012: "#toniktweets" (Fall); "Tonik _____ Tap" (Spring)
- 2010-2011: "GET LOST" (Fall); "TONIK Turns 10!" (Spring)
- 2009-2010: "Northwestern Side Story" (Fall); "America's Got Tonik" (Spring)
- 2008-2009: "Plymouth ROCK" (Fall); "What's on Tap?" (Spring)
- 2007-2008: "Pursuit of Tappyness"
- 2006-2007: "Just Tap"
- 2005-2006: "TONIK with a Twist"
- 2004-2005: "Tap That"